20090211

Letters Concering Some Supernatural Disturbances at My Father's House: Letters VIII and IX

Letter VIII.

MR. S. WESLEY TO HIS FATHER

February 12.

Honoured Sir,

I have not yet received any answer to the letter I wrote some time ago, and my mother in her last seems to say that as yet I know but a very small part of the whole story of strange noises in our house. I shall be exceeding glad to have the entire account from you. Whatever may be the main design of such wonders I cannot think they were ever meant to be kept secret. If they bode anything remarkable to our family, I am sure I am a party concerned.

Your dutiful son,
S. Wesley.

Letter IX.

FROM MR. S. WESLEY TO HIS SISTER EMILY

Dear Sister Emmy,

I wish you would let me have a letter from you about the spirit, as indeed from every one of my sisters. I cannot think any of you very superstitious, unless you are much changed since I saw you. My sister Hetty, I find, was more particularly troubled. Let me know all. Did anything appear to her?

I am your affectionate brother,
S. Wesley.

(Click on the title to read the full story.)

No comments: