20091024

True Crimes, by Lauren Axelrod

This is Dr. Lauren Axelrod on Friends Revolution, The Everyday Interesting:

"Where do I begin. I have been writing blogs now for over 9 months and I am loving meeting so many fantastic people. I believe that all of you already know that I was a restaurant owner, however I chose to leave before the economy got worse. I decided to go back to school to become a Doctor of Archaeology, as if my life wasn't complicated enough. My blogs are a way for me to take a break from studying mummies, and of course the scorpions running around in my shorts."
Here is an article she wrote on The Revolution of Friends Revolution: Believe it or not, my goal is to turn the Revolution into a magazine with field writers and researchers. I want to include all points of interest like Travel, Science, Music, Cultures, History, Archeology, ans so much more.
And here are some of her amazing true crime articles: The Strange Obsession of Dr. Carl Von Cosel



 
The story of Carl Tanzler , otherwise known as Dr. Carl Von Cosel, has to be one of the most bizarre and creepy tales of Necrophilia I have ever heard.

In 1931, a bacteriologist was working in the Marine Hospital in Key West where most of the patients had tuberculosis. He grew fond of a young women named Elena Hoyos who had been diagnosed with tuberculosis. He made romantic gestures and showered her with gifts, however the feelings were not reciprocated.

Hojos died in October 1931 at her parents home in Key West and Cosel paid for the entire funeral, even gaining permission to construct a mausoleum in the Key West Cemetery that he visited almost every night...


Read More: The Strange Obsession of Dr. Carl Von Cosel
 

Ed Gein The Wisconsin Grave Robber and Butcher of Plainfield
Terror drives men to insanity and the passion to become a monster, lurking in the shadows, like the cast of Marlowe, will allow for the darkness to fall on the sands of a quite town.

The Infamous and Bizarre Vampire of Brooklyn Albert Fish
In the 1920’s in New York City, children's bodies were turning up mutilated and dismembered in alley ways and streets all over Gotham. The residents thought the act was too gruesome for an ordinary person, so they believed it to be the work of the boogieman.


The Bizarre and Twisted Evolution of HH Holmes Castle of Horrors
By the turn of the century, the last frontier was over and America was moving from a rural to an urban society. America was replaced by uncaring cities and industry, where transients walked the streets looking for any kind of work.

No comments: